Trem swap

For any talk about guitar equipment

Trem swap

Postby Kosmo » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:20 am

I have an Ibanez with an Edge III trem.Apparently it's already worn out.Don't really want to put the same thing back in.Are there any better trems that will fit without too much trouble.Currently playing with it blocked,but I bought this guitar to have a trem.Thanks, Kosmo
Kosmo

Re: Trem swap

Postby shredaholic » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:39 am

Ozz, any ideas on this one? I'd say you're our resident trem expert :D
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Postby Kosmo » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:55 am

What about a Floyd Rose ?Or would that work. I have been told the original Ibanez Edge is superior to the Edge III,but would still require mods.A Floyd is cheaper,but might require a lot more work.Any ideas? Thanks, Jeff
Kosmo

Postby ozzuk616 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Some research on jemsite has told me that the ofr will drop in as will the Gotoh FR, and the ibanez EDGE Pro annoyingly the original or lo pro edge wont fit in there but an OFR or Gotoh FR will work a million times better than the EDGE III, myself owning the ofr schaller FR, gotoh fR adn oriignal EDGE I really know how truely crappy the EDGE III is.

However Ibanez now have the Edge zero 2 with locking posts like the original EDGE, this is the same bridge used on the ibanez premium range, and by all accounts is actually pretty good...

If you are dropping a new vibrato in there I really reccomend getting the correct studs/posts installed, especially for the Gotoh FR as they have locking posts like the EDGE bridges, which add a little more stabillity to the tuning...

good luck and happy divebombing with your new and decent vibrato!
ozzuk616

Return to Gear