Steinberger Guitars

For any talk about guitar equipment

Steinberger Guitars

Postby shredaholic » Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:49 pm

Anyone ever played one of these headless wonders? I was really close to getting one a few years back as they would've been super cheap to import from the states, but eventually didn't as I wanted to play one first before committing.
Attachments
steinberger.jpg
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Re: Steinberger Guitars

Postby ONEbpm » Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:53 pm

Yeah man,

I have a friend that has one. Not one of the "moveable capo" one's...just a plain one. It looks liek a bluish-green flame top...but it's just the paint job. The owner of the guitar literally threw it up in the air about six feet to his right because "it's made of graphite...it will never warp" Okay, that's him, he can afford to, but I'd never abuse it like that. Anyway, It had a lot of tone to it, various knobs and selector's, enough sustain, but it wasn't my cup of tea. I need the mass behind the guitar. Great if you're getting in age or travel a lot (the owner falls under both catagories as he's pushing 60) but to me, it just didn't feel right YMMV.
J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Re: Steinberger Guitars

Postby shredaholic » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:42 pm

Interesting! Yeah I guess the travel aspect is quite a bonus as you could stick it in an overhead luggage compartment on a plane quite easily.
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Return to Gear