Dunlop DC-Brick

For any talk about guitar equipment

Dunlop DC-Brick

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:32 pm

Hey guys,

About an hour ago I've bought one of those, and I was able to get it for 80 euros instead of 175 because the shop was bankrupt.
So now I've got it. First problem is that there aren't enough cables. Second problem is that I can't connect my stompboxes to it.

I've only got three pedals at the moment that I need an adaptor for (it's gonna be more), but I can't connect a single one because... well, two pictures say more than 1000 square words, I guess

The first one was, obviously, the dc brick, the second one was the kind of adaptor I need for my pedals.

In other words, at least with the cables that came with the dc brick, I can't connect them. There were three of those cables for inputs with those things in the middle (you know what I mean right?), but I can only use them for the 18V outputs. And the seven 9V outputs that I need have a cable that looks just like the ones on mp3 players.

So, I hope you can understand this rather vague explanation of my problem, 'cause here comes my question: Does this mean I've just wasted 80 euro's because I can't connect it, or is there some sort of end-change thing (dunno how they're called, I mean those things that enable you to connect an mp3 player to a PA system for example, in an input that requires a guitar cable format)

... Damn my incapability to describe anything, but I hope you can help?
TheWannabeMusician

Re: Dunlop DC-Brick

Postby shredaholic » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:33 pm

I think I know what you mean. Is this right:

basically, you need the 9v outputs to look like what's on the end of the plug in the second photo, but actually they look like 3.5mm headphone plugs?
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:50 pm

Wow, to think my problem could be stated in one sentence...

Yes, that is exactly what I mean. Do you happen to know of any cable or something that would work?
TheWannabeMusician

Postby shredaholic » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:40 pm

You could always cut the wires from the 3.5mm connections, cut a bit of the sleeving off the ends to expose a bit of internal wire, then use something like this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=390564
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:04 pm

That sounds and looks really promising, so thank you :) I am gonna use that as a sortof last resort though, since I'm not really a technical guy which means the chance that I'm gonna screw the wires and those things up is pretty high. Then again, I could also get someone who is good at that stuff to do it for me. I'll figure something out, thank you :)
TheWannabeMusician

Postby ONEbpm » Mon Jul 26, 2010 1:44 pm

I just read a review...don't unplug any pedals while the unit is on:

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... sku=151091

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/ ... 5QodlxrefA

There's a pic in there of the cables needed to hook things up.
J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:08 pm

Btw, why is this thing so cheap in the US, 119 dollars instead of 180 euros, that's quite a difference, especially considering the value of dollars/euros. Ah well... lucky bastards you are
TheWannabeMusician

Return to Gear