Too Fast?

Who is the fastest shredder of all time?

Too Fast?

Postby shredaholic » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:35 am

Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Re: Too Fast?

Postby ONEbpm » Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:36 pm

If Yngwie can make a man's head explode, wonder what this cat can do????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6br_PG7Nzsc

J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:33 pm

That video sure does fit the topic title... that's just to fast to enjoy anymore :S
TheWannabeMusician

Postby ONEbpm » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 am

TheWannabeMusician wrote:That video sure does fit the topic title... that's just to fast to enjoy anymore :S

I agree! Can I play that fast? No...would I want to? No. There's a fine line between speed for the sake of speed and playing something musical. I bought a cassette tape years ago with Steve Morse giving lessons. One thing that stuck with me was "Pharsing is something your grandmom could aprreciate..."

I think your average listener would get bored with this in a hurry...too much sensory input. Even the best audio engineers give their ears a rest.

J.P.
J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Postby blank » Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:11 pm

Roflstallion,

Only Malmsteen, I love the video of him in his kitchen doing an interview and some guy overdubbed the guitar to make it sound horrible, but that aswell as many others have been taken down. I don't like shred like that dude Tiago, most players that can play that fast all sound the same. Gilbert and Malmsteen add style to their speed which makes it so much better, but fuck it...what do I know :lol:
I bestow upon ye', Axecalibur
blank
Global Moderator

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:26 pm

Considering the amount of lessons and advice you've posted, you do know quite a bit about it
And I agree, you should never have speed for the sake of speed. 'Cause that will most likely just fail. Epicly.
And as stated above, Gilbert and Malmsteen have their own thing there. They don't think whatever they do becomes great as long as they play it fast (or try to and fail *cough* dragonforce *cough*), they use their speed to improve the music. And I think that's what you should do.
TheWannabeMusician

Return to Speed