Auditions coming up

Non-guitar related discussion

Auditions coming up

Postby ONEbpm » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:24 pm

I have two auditions next week. One of them is to play bass for an oldies/Motown band. Why? Because they are making money NOW! It's a paying gig, so what the hell.

Second is a cover band. This is going to be interesting because I just had my Firebird Feitenized with a compensated tuning system that is supposed to keep the guitar in near perfect tuning all the way up the neck. It's still at the shop because the guy ran out of these nuts and they're coming from Cali to Philly. The thing is, I was told the other guitarist in the band plays a Malmsteen Strat. It will be interesting to see how a guitar set up know for playing better in tune matches up to a guitar known for going out of tune quickly. Stay tuned!!

J. Perry
J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Re: Auditions coming up

Postby shredaholic » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:59 am

Good luck! :D
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Postby ONEbpm » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Thanks Richard,

Don't know if you have Craig's list where you are, but every audition I've ever went to using that service has been a cluster fuck. This time, the other guitar player (yngwie strat) has a brother in law who's dying. Audition has been cancelled and I get an email from the bass player sayin if worse comes to worse, we could start a band.UGH!!!!
J.P.

ONEbpm

Postby ONEbpm » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:57 pm

So I did the audition for the oldies bass player gig. They gave me a bass to play, the guitar player shows up with a semi-acoustic, the drummer puts a rubber pad on an upside down bucket and away we go. They gave me a list of 50 tunes, Drummer said he'd be in touch. I said "I'll let you know" as I left, meaning how I do with the tunes. I called twice and got no response. Neither of them use email or the internet. How the hell do I NOT get that gig? I mean, grant it, they about ten years older than me and I mentioned that I was actually a guitar player...but c'mon! I give up guessing.
J.P.

ONEbpm

Postby ONEbpm » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:34 pm

Update: So the drummer calls me last night to see how I'm making out. I asked if he got my messages last week and he said no. I got the wrong phone number off my machine and had been calling the wrong number! Duh! So they're going to try to get a practice in sometime this week. I informed him that I haven't even tried to learn the tunes, thinking that I didn't make the cut. UGH!
J.P.

ONEbpm

Return to General Board