tips for anyone...

Ask for technique advice or show people a new exercise you made

tips for anyone...

Postby ONEbpm » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:11 am

Hi all

Just something I picked up over the years. I don't ever leave my case open. I close it and use at least one lock. Once I borrowed an acoustic and played one afternoon in a bar. I just did it for fun. Someone I knew thought it would be funny to throw a couple of coins as well as a beer bottle cap into the guitat case. I'm glad I looked first before putting the guitar back. :evil:

I keep it latched because I don't recall if it was my guitar or someone else's, but I watch some well intentioned but misguided person, who thought he was doing a favor, pick up the guitar case only to find that it wasn't locked and the guitar fell to the ground :o

J.P.
J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Re: tips for anyone...

Postby shredaholic » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 pm

ONEbpm wrote:some well intentioned but misguided person, who thought he was doing a favor, pick up the guitar case only to find that it wasn't locked and the guitar fell to the ground :o

done that to my own guitar once, fortunately the ground was carpeted but still, not good :lol:
Richard Baines, creator of Shredaholic.com and Pleximods.com.
shredaholic
Site Admin

Postby blank » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:21 am

Roflstallion,

I was in my bathroom playing my strat imitaion (the room has great acoustics >,>) and when I stood up the strap came off and the guitar hit the floor -.-" So now I have a nice crack in it and the neck is out of whack.
I bestow upon ye', Axecalibur
blank
Global Moderator

Postby TheWannabeMusician » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:45 am

That happened to me once, now I've got some plastic things that keeps the strap from coming off. MOst of those "innovative" inventions are useless, but this one is pretty handy.
The only other time it happened was when my old strap just ripped. Wtf? Suddenly you've got two pieces of a strap lol. The new one is better though :P
TheWannabeMusician

Postby blank » Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

Strap locks?

If we're talking about the same thing, yeah they are a great invention, but I don't care for them.
Not only do I not like the way they look but it sets me off balance in a way, lol. I like to use "Planet Waves" straps. I bought one 2 years ago and its still in mint condition, even after vigirous use, so great quality is what I'm saying..?
I bestow upon ye', Axecalibur
blank
Global Moderator

Postby ONEbpm » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:20 am

Hey people,

Thought of another tip for anyone. Sometimes when I do drills/scales, I might drift off mentally and go on auto pilot. To help myself keep track whan doing repeated sequences in different postion, I'll the pickup selector to help me keep track. For the first I might do a lick at the thrird fret using the bridge PU, then the same sequence at the 8th fret using both pickups, and maybe at the 12th fret using the neck pickup...or mix it up. Sometimes when I change the PU's randomly, or turn the volume knob down a notch on the guitar, I'm surprised at what tone comes out. It might not make me a better player, but at this age if I don't do this, I start thinking: "did I start this on an upstroke or down? or Wait...how many times is this? or Didn"t I just do this???"
J.P.

Give us this day our daily shred...
ONEbpm

Return to Lessons